Drugs and Alcohol Test
There are several reasons as to why a company may choose to implement a drug and alcohol testing policy for their employees. The misuse of drugs and alcohol can significantly impact a person’s ability to perform their standard day-to-day activities, leading to reduced productivity, as well as increasing the risk of accidents, putting themselves and others at risk
A Medical Review Officer (MRO) is a licensed physician who are responsible for receiving and reviewing laboratory results such as an employer’s drug and alcohol results for the testing program and evaluating medical explanations for certain drug test results.
We have a Medical Review Officer (MRO) certified by Academy of Occupational and Environmental Medicine of Malaysia.
Other ways that substance abuse can cause the problems at work includes :
- After-effect of substance use (hangover, withdrawal) affecting job performance
- Absenteeism, illness, reduced productivity
- Preoccupation with using substance while at work, interfering with attention and concentration
- Psychological effect due to substance abuse affects another person’s job performance
Drug and Alcohol Testing includes :
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Drug Test (Benzodiazepam, Opiates, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, Barbiturat, Cocaine, Cannabinoid/THC, Phencyclidine, Methadone, Propoxyphene, MDMA)
- On-Site Random Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Screening
- Drug and Alcohol Testing – On Vessel